Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Lockets


I love the personal connection a person has with a locket. It can keep precious items safe as well as close to the heart. These pieces were very fun to create. 

The locket on the left is part of my "To Life" collection. I etched the metal to resemble the design on the fossilized agate while subtlety hiding the words "LIFE," "CHAI" (in Hebrew), and "18." The inside stamping reads "The Lord is my Sheperd, I shall not want" and "Chai" cut out in copper. This piece is meant to hold photographs of loved ones to keep a connection with the wearer.

The middle locket has rutilated quartz stones on one side and hammered "sticks" on the other side. I called this locket "sticks and stones" because I want the wearer to put secret words inside. 


Left: Life Locket 
etched brass, copper, agate

Middle: Sticks and Stones Locket
nickel, brass, copper, rutilated quartz

Right: Evil Eye Pendant
nickel, brass, copper, labradorite







No comments:

Post a Comment